South Florida Family Law Attorney
Fort Lauderdale Divorce Lawyer
Family law matters can be emotionally and financially draining. You want to protect yourself, your children and your finances. During tough economic times, it can be especially difficult to know where to invest. If you need to get divorced or have other family matters that need to be resolved, it is important to find an attorney who can provide the solutions you need.
I am Monica L. Sherman, Attorney at Law, and that is exactly what I do. I have more than 10 years of experience offering clients the cost-effective representation they need in a variety of family law matters, including:
- Divorce: I help clients resolve all the issues that arise during divorce. This can include financial and emotional concerns, and it often means addressing asset division, child custody and support matters.
- Child support: I work with clients to help them understand how much child support they may be expected to pay or receive. With my experience, I also know what to look for from the other party to help ensure that the child support guidelines are met.
- Child custody: Each case has its own individual set of circumstances. I work to create a parenting plan that takes into account the best interest of the child or children and both parents. I work with parents to create a parenting plan that takes the best interests of the children and both parents into account.
- Restraining orders for domestic violence: Domestic violence can have a large impact on how custody, visitation and support decrees are made. I provide experienced representation on both sides in domestic violence situations.
- Adoption: I represent parents in stepparent and relative adoption. I will get the adoption done for you in a timely and efficient manner. I am able to assist with terminating the parental rights of the biological parent or parents in order to enable the adoption process to be complete.
- Paternity: Whether you are a father who wants to establish parental rights or a mother who is seeking child support, I can help. Once paternity is established, I will work toward an appropriate parenting plan for each set of circumstances.
- Modifications: If there has been a substantial change of circumstances, I can help you modify your existing court order. I work with parents to modify child custody, child support and spousal support arrangements after a job loss or promotion, change in health or other changes in living situations.